Band of the Brave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[LOCKED] Streamlining the Guild - May 2014

+12
-Kuzami/Mina
Arasali
Tygos
Charlie Blazesong
Shapur
Dranac/Naya
Kysah
Rinoi
Xandria_Vallorna
Monrena
Lennix_Doge!
erwtenpeller
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[LOCKED] Streamlining the Guild - May 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: [LOCKED] Streamlining the Guild - May 2014

Post by -Kuzami/Mina Mon May 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Have to admit i like the Adventures Union ranks better. I generally just love the idea of a Union more than the poetic and fantastic setup. But i'm just one vote it seems Smile

The idea with badges is excellent. It has worked for the Red Blades for quite a few years, having officers being able to give a badge for great achievements or show of loyalty, but also remove them for any trangressions. 3 badges would be give you an opening to be promoted.
-Kuzami/Mina
-Kuzami/Mina

Back to top Go down

[LOCKED] Streamlining the Guild - May 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: [LOCKED] Streamlining the Guild - May 2014

Post by Tygos Mon May 12, 2014 11:38 pm

I like the poetic part amazing xD sounds more heroic
Tygos
Tygos

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasali Tue May 13, 2014 12:50 am

>< damn it  the more I read this post thee more I get this  Image in my head
Is that what we mean by poetic cause if so.. :O *grabs a spoony bard and recites a balad*
Arasali
Arasali

Back to top Go down

Post by Lomonde Tue May 13, 2014 11:37 am

I don't think I even need to express my opinion on what theme I prefer. Cool 

I like the idea of a promotion test - perhaps each Braveheart has their own special challenge? A Greenhorn can pick a single Braveheart to take a quest from to succeed or fail in?
Lomonde
Lomonde

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 13, 2014 11:52 am

Thank you all for sharing your feedback.

It's starting to look like handing out Badges of Valor (Badge of Bravery?) is a popular idea, and it's a nice way of giving Greenhorns especially some indication that they're on the right track.

I would like to discuss the notion of a "The Trials of the Braveheart" in-character as well. I planned a meeting for Monday the 19th where Wellsworth will announce some of these changes, and where some others (like the trials) will be brought up for in-character debate.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

https://bandofthebrave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 13, 2014 2:02 pm

First draft of the re-write of the promotional post.

Current version can be found here:
http://www.defiasrp.com/t7602-a-band-of-the-brave
Here:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9052336773
And here:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9256976282

Tell me what you think!

Does this tell people all they need to know?
Does it sound like something to get excited about?

[LOCKED] Streamlining the Guild - May 2014 - Page 2 1v5ZqGf

[LOCKED] Streamlining the Guild - May 2014 - Page 2 6kye

The Band of the Brave:
An Adventurers Guild.

The world will always need heroes.
Individuals who do not fear the unknown.
Adventurers who face most dire villains.
Explorers that go where no-one dared go before.

To vanquish evils unknown, to uncover riches untold.
That is the Adventurer's call.

The Band of the Brave is a guild of adventurers, tradesmen, heroes and sellswords; People who make a living off the beaten path, who have chosen a life of adventure over the domestic life of a farmer, a shopkeep or a town guard. The guild is a hub to bring these brave souls together, a place where they can help each-other out on their quests, missions and jobs. The more a member contributes to the collective, the higher they will rise in standing.

Role-Playing.
The Band of the Brave is a role-playing guild. There are often several role-playing events a week, and all members are encouraged to both take part in these events, and create events of their own. We use the Pig & Whistle tavern in Stormwind City as our base of operations, a casual hubb to hang out in between quests and expeditions.

Player versus Player.
Our events will often take us deep into contested territory, where ambushes of the menacing horde could be around every corner. Members of the guild are encouraged to participate in player versus player combat when-ever it presents itself, and to keep a set of (transmogged) PvP gear at hand at all times. Be the horde fiends that attack us role-players or not; We make an effort to include them in our role-play.

So you want to be an Adventurer...?
To join the guild, all you have to do is seek us out, and ask. The Band of the Braves takes characters of all races and classes.
Characters that freshly enter the guild are known as Greenhorns. During this time they have to prove that they have what it takes to be a true adventurer. That means being brave in the face of danger, helping out their fellow adventurers when they call for it, and showing that they can show responsibility in taking care of their own equipment and mount.

Once their Greenhorn period is over, Braves can earn Badges of Bravery by participating in and hosting role-playing (or PvE/PvP!) events and rise in standing, earning the title of Braveheart, Lionheart, or one day even the most respected Dragonheart.

For more details, you can visit our forum:
BandoftheBrave.HOST-POWER.com
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed May 14, 2014 12:19 pm

The future of promotions!

Hello guys. I've given this a lot of thought, and I think the following ways of "getting ahead" will give us the best results.

Greenhorn -> Braveheart.
For a Greenhorn to be promoted to the rank of Braveheart, they must prove themselves to the others. The Greenhorn has to get the blessing of five braves. Once they've gotten five braves to vouch for them, they will be invited to join the ranks.
They must gather these five on a single day, so they can stand before the Glorious Leader and speak their blessings for the Braveheart-to-be.

This Method of introducing a new character to the guild has the following advantages:
- The Greenhorn must mingle and get to know other characters in the guild.
- Promotion is acquired by player initiative and determination. You can't become a braveheart on the merit of attending events or showing up at the bar alone - A player must make it happen.
- Promotion is not reliant on the Glorious Leader, Dragonhearts or even Lionhearts. This ensures that even if the leader has a grudge against the greenhorn, they can still reach the braveheart rank if they are determined enough.
- All of the above will generate a lot of role-play.

Braveheart -> Lionheart.
Bravehearts can be awarded Badges of Bravery for their deeds of valor and glory. Once a Braveheart has earned [Yet to be determined number] badges, they can earn the title of "Lionheart" by going through a trial of valor to be determined individually for each character.
But beware! Badges of Bravery can be taken away when the Braveheart errs.
Badges of Valor can be awarded by Dragonhearts, Founding Members and the Leader only, but they ought to listen if the collective feels a badge is in order.

This Method of introducing a new character to the guild has the following advantages:
- Quantifiable progress, each badge earned is another step closer to the next rank.
- Badges can be earned by performing remarkable feats during events, but are more likely to be earned by showing initiative and contributing to the guild by creating role-play or events of another form.
- A trial of bravery generates role-play, and perhaps some mystery!

Lionheart -> Dragonheart.
A Dragonheart can only be appointed by the glorious leader, and the rank is reserved for Brave- and Lionhearts who have proven themselves invaluable to the continued success of the guild.

The Dragonheart rank is reserved for individuals who contribute almost weekly, by organizing role-playing events, leading a rated battleground group, leading a raid group, consistently representing the band of the brave in Stormwind politics - Whatever makes them an invaluable asset to the guild.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoi Wed May 14, 2014 1:06 pm

The new post looks good. The new manner of promotion looks good. It's just a bit more complicated than before, so that'll be a longer talk when inviting people. Nothing wrong with that, just my thoughts Wink

Rinoi
Rinoi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed May 14, 2014 1:17 pm

Rinoi wrote:so that'll be a longer talk when inviting people.
These things have a way of working themselves out.

What I like most about the idea for Greenhorn -> Braveheart is that it's not limited to the "Leader picks who to promote" narrative, but that it can be played with and manipulated. Someone sneaky might try to bribe his way into a braveheart position for example. Or - Heavens forbid - A saucy lady might try to charm her way there.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoi Wed May 14, 2014 1:24 pm

erwtenpeller wrote:A saucy lady might try to charm her way there.

This is a highly respected method of course, in this guild.
Rinoi
Rinoi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by -Kuzami/Mina Wed May 14, 2014 2:02 pm

*bats eyelashes at sis and turns on charm*

Pleeeeeease promote meeeeee!
-Kuzami/Mina
-Kuzami/Mina

Back to top Go down

Post by -Kuzami/Mina Wed May 14, 2014 2:38 pm

Also. Looks great.
-Kuzami/Mina
-Kuzami/Mina

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrena Wed May 14, 2014 4:26 pm

hehe shame mon is already a braveheart! she would so have flirted her way threw! XD but otherwise this is a nice promotion settup here.. I like! it even gives fritseni a chance who wellsworth currently hates XD
Monrena
Monrena
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygos Wed May 14, 2014 5:57 pm

Caelyb will never be anything more then a greenhorn then Smile he is far to awkard to mingle D:

But the promotion setup is great (even tho it wont work for Caelyb Very Happy )
Tygos
Tygos

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed May 14, 2014 6:06 pm

I'm sure it'll work itself out. Perhaps bravehearts someone else who thinks Caelyb should be a Braveheart will take the initiative and make it happen Wink

Also - Reminder for myself: add a suggestion box to the in-character features of the Hero's Call board.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by terry-howards Wed May 14, 2014 6:35 pm

I've got to say, this guild is probably the funnest and most entertaining guild going!

The poetical way it leads is absolutely amazing, the new rank names and ranking up reasons are awesome.

As for badges of commendation, or, Badge of Bravery, would do wonders for the guild, having greenhorns accept a job/quest in which to prove them selves and gaining one of these badges in return would certainly make the aura of the guild become even more exciting and fun.

I'm even taking down pointers from you lot to try and introduce to my guild over on horde side, your guild has grown rapidly and is thriving better than most, and when i say your guild, i don't mean the founders, i mean all of you, because i know for a fact that is what Wells has been aiming for.

You all play your part and no-one is treated more important that others overly. These changes are looking great and i can't wait to see how good the effects will be on the guild as a whole.

T. Howards. (Tarak'jin as some know me)

terry-howards
terry-howards

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalas Griefblade Wed May 14, 2014 8:51 pm

...My next goal in life is sooooo to appear on this poster one day....

I do need to ask, though - is there some specific service we offer people ICly, as a mercenary guild? Or we just show up where there is trouble and try to make it better?
Khalas Griefblade
Khalas Griefblade

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu May 15, 2014 11:11 am

We don't profile ourselves as a mercenary guild, but as an adventurers guild. In practice there isn't much of a difference - What adventurers would call a "quest", a mercenary would call a "job". Sometimes we work for a certain party and get payed a wage, other times it'll be us exploring by our own means hoping to find treasure.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasali Thu May 15, 2014 12:03 pm

I'm still confused as to what poetic RP is.
Wait Surprised so we...don't have to flirt our way through the ranks?
What am I supposed to do with all those skimpy outfits now XD
Arasali
Arasali

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu May 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Arasali wrote:I'm still confused as to what poetic RP is
That isn't a thing, it's just a name I gave to one of the rank-up themes to be able to tell one from the other. Only Lomonde role-plays in rhyme schemes.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasali Thu May 15, 2014 12:13 pm

I see.I think mehh I'll just wing it
So Lomonde is the guild bard hmm....
[LOCKED] Streamlining the Guild - May 2014 - Page 2 25213cdae15b495e9ba06
Arasali
Arasali

Back to top Go down

Post by Paozi Thu May 15, 2014 2:25 pm

It is my firm belief that the character of a guild is to be determined by its members. Bottom-up, not top-down. I do not see the merits of discussing this out of character, when the discussion could be made into role-play. Why don't we discuss what we want to be it in the coming meeting on monday? I'm sure my character's opinions are different from my own, and it's my character's opinion, rather than my own, you should value the most.
Paozi
Paozi

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasali Thu May 15, 2014 5:40 pm

Now my head hurts XD
Arasali
Arasali

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Fri May 16, 2014 12:50 am

While discussing and making changes completely in-character is the ideal, I really wanted a place where I could dump my ideas, get feedback on them and - Vain as it might be - play around with text formatting and layouts to best communicate the information.

I think it's been a fruitful exercise, it gave me valuable insights into how the members of the guild view the guild, and it generated some ideas we otherwise might not have come up with!

The next step is to bring it into the role-play, and see how it evolves once our characters start interacting with it.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Mon May 19, 2014 12:00 pm

I just want to have this written down somewhere as practice. It's sort of a sketch of the requirements to meet for promotion.

Coins of Bravery.
A Coin of Bravery is awarded for feats of heroism and valor.
A Coin of Bravery can be taken away for acts of cowardice and villainy.
A Brave's coin collection is their measure of worth to the collective. It is a bragging right, a reflection of their history and contributions.

The Trial of the Brave.
For a Greenhorn to become a Brave, they must get five Braves to vouch for them in front of the Glorious Leader, a Founding Member or a Dragonheart.
* OOC: A player must prove their interest in the guild by actively role-playing with their guild mates.
* OOC: The character must be level 90.

The Trial of the Lion.
For a Brave to be awarded the title of Lionheart, they must have earned at least five coins of bravery. Once eligible, a brave will be asked to lead the band on an adventure as their final test.
* OOC: The player must have organized at least one event (RP, PVE or PVP)

The Trial of the Dragon.
For a Brave to be awarded the title of Dragonheart, they must prove themselves a valuable asset to the community, and a leader.
* OOC: The player must contribute to the guild on a weekly basis by organizing events (RP, PvE or PvP) and take on a leadership role.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next