Band of the Brave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying AD? Potential move as a guild?

+5
Adry
Insaintly
Monrena
dreas94
Tygos
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you think the vote is a good idea?

Trying AD? Potential move as a guild? - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Trying AD? Potential move as a guild? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 5 ]
Trying AD? Potential move as a guild? - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Trying AD? Potential move as a guild? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
Trying AD? Potential move as a guild? - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Trying AD? Potential move as a guild? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Trying AD? Potential move as a guild? - Page 2 Empty Re: Trying AD? Potential move as a guild?

Post by Insaintly Sat May 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Nexiax wrote:

Lastly, and this is more focused around the whole "RP on Defias is Dying!".

See, that is where you might be wrong. It's not dying, it's already dead. Sure, there are some die-hard survivors here and there, but compared to even a year ago DB is a ghost town. Whatever RP goes on these days is a shadow of what it used to be. The council gathers to decide laws when there are no citizens to uphold them. I admire your optimism, but I will once again say that it may be far too late to save DB. The decay has gone on for too long.
There is simply nothing to attract newer players -with-. There's barely any RP alliance-side, there are barely any people, there are horde ganker guilds. From an RPer's point of view, DB is the last place they'd want to go.
Insaintly
Insaintly

Back to top Go down

Trying AD? Potential move as a guild? - Page 2 Empty Re: Trying AD? Potential move as a guild?

Post by Hurrrold Sat May 02, 2015 2:01 pm

My bags are packed, my house's been sold, I've got the cash to immigrate. When do we leave?
Hurrrold
Hurrrold

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoi Mon May 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Calling roleplay 'dead' or any abstract concept 'dead' for that matter always seems sensationalist to me. There's nothing to be gained from discussing anything in terms like that.

Defias Brotherhood et al. has had less roleplay than Argent Dawn for quite a while. That isn't to say there isn't  any, or that there cannot be more again here. To say there are 'barely' any people is false as well. The server is full, there's plenty of people. There are Horde ganker guilds, that is true. Nothing quite as horrific as there has been in the past. In fact, I think Warlords' world PvP is a lot more enjoyable than it has been in MoP, in which flying death squads could find anyone, anywhere within five minutes, raining down terror. However, PvP is part of a PvP server. Ganking is part of that. Large scale fights are. Having to call in the cavalry or move places when you're being murderised. These are all things that people have hated and often angrily spoke against in guild chat. And I can understand that completely, as I too can get upset from losing a fight or being interrupted by a rampaging group. However, it is part of the PvP.

Wellsworth built this guild on the principles of 'take everything IC'. One of the blurbs that sold the guild was that when PvP interrupted an event, the Band would endeavour to take it in character. People were encouraged to get IC when doing any task. Auctioning items, looking for groups, mining ore out in the world, whatever. This is a far more universal type of roleplaying, that is far closer to the game, and leaves less space for large emotes, events with raid-markers, rolling, and alternate combat systems. However, it's also a type of roleplaying that we've grown away from. And I think to RP on Defias, and to bring the guild forward, going back to that 'take everything IC' is the type of thing that'd have to happen.

I don't think it is impossible, or that there is nothing to attract people to RP, or that the server is 'dead'. I do think to RP on Defias now and in the future requires a different perspective. Having said that, I can understand people would rather move to AD and carry on with the RP they've grown to like and are used to. Long emotes, storylines, random encounters on the streets with people that have learned the same way of doing this. Lots of people there, and no ganking to interrupt your RP.

I am unsure whether the guild should move, even if many members decide to go the way of Argent Dawn. The name would have to change regardless. The guild bank is not incredibly rich (although it may seem so to some eyes) so bringing that over is not a great incentive. I don't know about the guild achievements as I personally don't put much stock in them, so I can't value those very well. Lastly, the guild as a band of adventurers is a broad concept that might not work as well in a server that is far more populated. We do not serve a niche in that regard. People may find other guilds on Argent Dawn that serve the parts in the Band that they liked far better.

Just a few of my thoughts on the matter!
Rinoi
Rinoi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2