Band of the Brave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RBG team interest check

+2
Adry
Jian Shu
6 posters

Go down

RBG team interest check Empty RBG team interest check

Post by Jian Shu Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:02 am

Alright, so. I've been talking to my brother, and we're considering putting together a low requirement RBG team. I figured I'd put forward the offer to the guild, in case any people here are interested in a team with some level of ambitions.

My brother (who will be the group leader) is an absolute boss, having previously RBGed to Hero of the Alliance rating (top .5% of europe) and thus you'll be in good hands in terms of BG tactics and so forth.

Now, a few points to consider for those who might be interested:

• This is -NOT- something that is definitely going to happen. It's still on the drawing board and depending on a few things (like wether or not my brother has time to do this at all) it might not happen.
  • This is not a guild exclusive RBG group. Being a guildie won't guarantee you a spot. If we lack a certain class that the guild can't provide, we'll have to look elsewhere. This is an offer to those interested, but it is no guarantee.
  • While we won't put up very high requirements (you don't need to be a 2k player or anything) to join this, we do have some. First one: You need to be able to connect to a ventrilo server (which I will provide) and you need to be able to take orders and follow the directions called out during a game. No running off to do your own thing. If you don't do enough DPS to kill that priest, that's okay. But you need to be on the priest if you were told to.
  • An absolute minimum: You -must- have at the very least a full set of grievous gladiator PVP gear with correct gems and enchants for your class. If you're in doubt on what to get, feel free to ask, so long as you end up properly gemmed/enchanted. This point is non-debatable. If the few hours of farming for those last 3 pieces of gear is too much effort for a player, then carrying that undergeared player is too much effort for the group.

Let me just stress this point: This is an interest check. If enough people are up for this, then it'll probably happen. If you meet the above requirements (which I consider to be the absolute bare minimum to forge a proper RBG group) and are interested in maybe potentially getting somewhat decent ratings when/if this gets going, make me aware of your interest.

Last edited by Jian Shu on Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Jian Shu
Jian Shu

Back to top Go down

RBG team interest check Empty Re: RBG team interest check

Post by Adry Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:08 am

Just a note, for anyone that is interested in PvP and hasn't already, feel free to check out skill-capped.com with my account (contact me or someone else with the details to get access, anyone I know is entitled to use it). It has the best PvP guides around and I'd seriously recommend it to anyone even vaguely interested.

On another note, if anyone needs help with the gearing up, I'm more than capable and willing to boost you in 2s for some free (and delicious) Conquest towards your prideful gear, which I can do regardless of your gear, even if you're a freshly dinged 90 and just want a quick gear boost.
Adry
Adry

http://www.republiquedesmangues.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:13 am

You can count on me!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

https://bandofthebrave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennix_Doge! Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:37 am

That.. was wierd.. anyway, you can count me in!
Lennix_Doge!
Lennix_Doge!

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrena Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:32 am

I am definatly interested  however I have a few questions if I may

1, the mandetory full pvp honour gear I can understand and will work to gain.. will any groups be done to help aid/train/gear aquesition before we hit the main rbg's?
2, Gems and enchants are very expensive.. will any help be provided for us poor people who have very little in the form of gold to buy such items?
3, I have a priest paladin and a hunter.. which would you prefer?

fritseni
Monrena
Monrena
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jian Shu Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:42 am

Since we already have a good hunter(Adry) and a holy pally(Erwt), and rets aren't really in the meta, your priest is definitely the one most likely for a spot.

I've spent, so far, 22k gold this season enchanting and gemming just my own gear on my chars. And I'm looking at another 20k to gear all the prideful gear I'm yet to get my hands on for my chars, and that's assuming I don't decide to gear my hunter or rogue, too. I can't afford gemming and enchanting everybody else, too.

A full set of gems and enchants for a PVP geared character costs in the neighbourhood of 5k gold, and that is -not- hard to get by. Again, it's a matter of effort.

Lennix, Charlie and Kysah were spamming AV earlier. People are, more often than not, actually quite up for these things. I myself am quite jaded to farming BGs for the time being, having geared my monk in the pre-season week (27k honor in 2 days), my warrior a few weeks later (24k honor in 1 day) and just this week, my mage (22k honor in 1 day). However, if a healer feels hopeless running around in BGs, I could be coerced into logging my warrior and carrying a few battles here and there.
Jian Shu
Jian Shu

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrena Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:03 am

cool whats the best way to get gold then?
Monrena
Monrena
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Blazesong Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:10 am

I'm definatly up for RBGs! Do you have any professions on Frits? Thats easy, I can provide the cheap enchants due to me being enchanter. Very Happy
Charlie Blazesong
Charlie Blazesong

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:40 am

Engineering here, so I can make like... A scope.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

https://bandofthebrave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jian Shu Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:46 pm

I have all professions sans inscription at max level (with varied amounts of recipes)
Jian Shu
Jian Shu

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrena Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:49 pm

same as wellsworth  I have engeneering and mining on most of my toons..  I have tailoring on an alt that may no longer exist

yes My tailor still exists

My jewel craftor is horde side
Monrena
Monrena
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennix_Doge! Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:35 pm

Like.. as i newly geared mage, do i have a spot? Razz
Lennix_Doge!
Lennix_Doge!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jian Shu Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:12 am

Get full grievous + with appropriate enchants/gems for your class. That's the bare minimum.
Jian Shu
Jian Shu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum