Band of the Brave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[MONTHLY] The Battle of the Braves [Next: End of April]

+4
Lennix_Doge!
Lionmane
Monrena
erwtenpeller
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[MONTHLY] The Battle of the Braves [Next: End of April] Empty [MONTHLY] The Battle of the Braves [Next: End of April]

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:32 pm

The Battle of the Braves!

[MONTHLY] The Battle of the Braves [Next: End of April] Bj8u

The Battle of the Braves is a recurring dueling tournament where the victor is awarded the title of "Champion".
The Champion of the Braves, in addition to the awe and valor that come with the title, are awarded free repairs for as long as they can hold the title.

The rules and location may be different every edition. Sometimes there are no rules - Sometimes there will be strict ones.

But one thing is always assured; A Brave will have to give it their all to emerge victoriously, and claim the Champion title.

Champion
Lelitha Étoires!

When is the next one?
Near the end of April. Exact date to be announced in the future. Stay tuned!

Who won the last one?

March 31st:
Champion: Lelitha
Runner up: Littlepip

February 25th:
Champion: Kastarn
Runner up: Lelitha

January 29th:
Champion: Tygos
Runner up: Jarke

2014:

Where will it be this time?
To be determined.

What are the rules this time?
To be determined.

Last edited by erwtenpeller on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:26 pm; edited 10 times in total
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

https://bandofthebrave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[MONTHLY] The Battle of the Braves [Next: End of April] Empty Re: [MONTHLY] The Battle of the Braves [Next: End of April]

Post by erwtenpeller Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:43 am

The following note has been paperclipped to the main announcement:

Grand Prize:
The victor may call themselves "Champion of the Braves". They will receive a voucher that will reimburse them any weapon and gear repairs, and they will receive a Royal Satchel of the finest Pandaren quality.

Changes to the Rules:
Instead of Sir Wolfsbane and myself judging the matches, the outcome will be judged by your peers; Your fellow combatants. After every match, and in the event of a five-minute draw, a vote will be held that will determine the victor.

- Wellsworth

This tournament is in character.
That means don't use off-specs your character doesn't have access to, no using profession benefits that your character doesn't have, and no using class elements your character doesn't display.

Basically: The fights are in-character. Every aspect of them!

No rules. Your peers determine what is fair.
There are no rules against using big-cooldown spells, profession benefits, potions, flasks, elixirs, scrolls, crazy items, specs... Only that what you use, must be in-character.

However, matches will be judged by your peers. If you use a bunch of overpowered elements to win a match, your peers might decide to name your opponent the victor! We will create balance through in-character elements and interaction, rather then out-of-character ruling.

Alterac Valley weekend is still going strong! Farm that gear, and prepare for battle!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

[MONTHLY] The Battle of the Braves [Next: End of April] Empty Re: [MONTHLY] The Battle of the Braves [Next: End of April]

Post by Monrena Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:52 am

*a very femenin signature would appear on a plank peace of paper beneth this notice*
Monrena
Monrena
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 27, 2014 12:05 pm

The Battle of the Braves notice has been re-posted prominently on the command board.

Hello Braves!

Dull your swords and stock up on non-lethal ammunition! On the 4th of June, the next Battle of the Braves is at hand. May the best Brave win, be they Greenhorn or Founding Member, and earn the title of Champion!

This time the tournament will be held in the Eastvale Logging camp area. Where you will fight is the duelers choice - Between the trees, among spinning sawblades, or on the rooftops!

Light's blessing,
- Wellsworth

Last edited by erwtenpeller on Tue May 27, 2014 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lionmane Tue May 27, 2014 4:18 pm

((you put july instead of june D: ))
Lionmane
Lionmane

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 27, 2014 4:25 pm

(( Yeaah.... That happens to me a lot. Derp. I fixed it now. ))
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrena Tue May 27, 2014 5:25 pm

*monrena's signature can be seen here!*
Monrena
Monrena
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:48 pm

Emergency Update!

The rotter menace is once again terrorizing the Argent Crusaders in the Plaguelands. The Band of the Brave will heed the call to adventure, and accompany the Alliance Intelligence Agency and the Stormwind Regiment to the Plaguelands.

The Stormwind Regiment will provide transport by portal. The party leaves at 8 o' clock from the Command Center grounds. Those who are late will have to make their own way over - We have mages a-plenty, it shouldn't be a problem to lock into Iriel's dimensional coordinates and replicate her gateway. That - Or take a griffon.

Once arrived in the Plaguelands, the party will move to a mansion that will be the base of operation for the following four days.

The Battle of the Braves will be held on the rotting fields of the plaguelands. A fitting decor for an epic showdown.

Blessed be those who fight for the Argent Crusade.
- Wellsworth.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Hello folks.

I would like to apologize for the cancellation of the Battle of the Braves.
I know you where all really looking forward to it.

I thought it better and a lot more fun to follow the flow of role-play as I encountered it. The Argent Dawn came to plea for help - There was no possible way Theadore would say no to them.

The battle will be held some other time, real soon!
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Hello Braves!

A new date has been set for the Battle of the Braves. Willing fighters will clash on the snowy peaks of Dun Morogh to compete for the title of Champion on the 11th of June!

Blessed be the champions of the Alliance.
- Wellsworth.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:20 pm

The Band of the Brave has a new champion!

Thuros Lionmane managed to take the title in a thrilling finale against Kysah.

The battle took place on a remote snowy field, marked by a big rock, in the far East of Dun Morogh!

Blessed be the champions of the Alliance,
- Wellsworth.

Last edited by erwtenpeller on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Postponed until a more opportune moment.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennix_Doge! Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Hello Braves!

The Battle of the Braves has returned. Braves who choose to fight will venture deep within Elwynn Forest to try and earn the right of Champion. The date has been set for the 25th of September, Thursday.

Glory to the Alliance!

Lennix Jasperson-Stevens.

Last edited by Lennix_Doge! on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Lennix_Doge!
Lennix_Doge!

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrena Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 am

I dont want to appear rude but.. why a fucking sunday?? people are rairly online on a sunday.. Myself included am always frigging working on a sunday what happend to posting events on wednesdays and thursdays like we used to do?? why the change? I am not happy about this.
Monrena
Monrena
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennix_Doge! Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:51 am

You know.. you could have asked in a more polite manner, instead of swearing on. I would have happily changed the date to fit people's needs but not with that attitude.. sheesh ill sort it out in the morning.
Lennix_Doge!
Lennix_Doge!

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrena Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:52 am

thank you
Monrena
Monrena
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jian Shu Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:06 pm

Man, I'm in Ireland on the 25th. Guess we won't see Jian reclaim his championship title!
Jian Shu
Jian Shu

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennix_Doge! Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:07 pm

Would u like me to change to date again?
Lennix_Doge!
Lennix_Doge!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jian Shu Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Not if it's a hassle to you guys. The world doesn't revolve around me.
Jian Shu
Jian Shu

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennix_Doge! Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:12 pm

Attention Braves!

The Battle of the Braves has returned, again! This month, the Braves will travel over to Dun Morogh and face off against each other to win that glorious Champion title! Thursday, 30th October!

Will a new Champion rise, or will Adelane keep her fame!?
Lennix_Doge!
Lennix_Doge!

Back to top Go down

Post by Monrena Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:03 am

ohh a date! time to practice!
Monrena
Monrena
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jian Shu Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:37 pm

guys don't bother practicing. I'm participating this time.
Jian Shu
Jian Shu

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennix_Doge! Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:03 pm

*Messages are passed between the Braves, whispers of a past event finally returning after so many months.*

For all Braves who get this letters. I have an announcement and it's a good one. The Battle of the Braves will be returning at the end of January, the 29th. It will take place within the familiar lands of Shadowmoon Valley, close to the Fort we once lived in! I just hope you're all prepared, we may be on another world but that shouldn't stop us from having a bit of fun! But remember, the winner earns that all important Champion title!

Lennix Jasperson-Stevens

OOC: Make sure to be prepared, pvp gear, etc!
Lennix_Doge!
Lennix_Doge!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:07 pm

I'll be there this time. Pepper your angus
Adry
Adry

http://www.republiquedesmangues.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jian Shu Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:54 pm

And collect your second win purely on virtue of me not participating Wink GJ Adry, it's alright to be number 2.
Jian Shu
Jian Shu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next