Band of the Brave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we move back to Stormwind?

+3
Hurrrold
Liam_Samuels
Voranos
7 posters

Go down

Should we move back to Stormwind? Empty Should we move back to Stormwind?

Post by Voranos Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:43 am

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, seing how the RP is slowly dying out on Defias that much can't be denied. I think it's a shame seing this server being what it is now, seing how it was only but a year ago when Stormwind was full of roleplayers and such goodies. I know a lot of guilds have been moving out to Dreanor lately, meaning there's almost no RP in the cities nowadays. Maybe it's just me missing out on the RP back in Stormwind but I personally feel like the RP-hub that was Stormwind is slowly dying. I mean heck, if we were to show our faces in the ol' Pig maybe we'd attract new RP'ers. Also, the casual-RP we have is just the Braves talking. Don't get me wrong everyone, I love you and your characters but it wouldn't hurt with some fresh meat, a stranger or even someone just passing by. We don't get that out in Dreanor.

Ic-wise there's a portal in Stormshield now and one back to Stormshield from Stormwind, since I know some players don't like the whole travelling trough time. I don't like that either, but there's portals so let's use them m'kay?

I just feel like this server needs a RP-hub again and that we maybe should move back to Stormwind to contribute to that cause. I wanna hear your opinion about this aswell y'all!
Voranos
Voranos

Back to top Go down

Should we move back to Stormwind? Empty Re: Should we move back to Stormwind?

Post by Liam_Samuels Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:32 am

You are completely right in that regard, definately before the Siege of Orgimmar patch we had tons of random RP in stormwind, some of it good, some of it not that good - but it was active and gave RPer a place to interact.

Sadly, I think that the massive gap between the content of Mists of Pandaria and Warlords of Draenor caused problems for DB, mainly because we had already dealt with Garrosh ICly extremely quickly. I do remember there where a number of events that did bring people together (like the silverpines campaign) but for the most part  it caused RP and development to stagnate, mainly due to no goal being present by the story defined by blizzard. I believe this ment a lot of RPers just got bored and simply moved on; either onto just playing the game or onto Argent Dawn

Going back to your question Voranos, I think everyone is just in that phase where Draenor is the new frountier and we must all go and fight the orcs for the freedom of america azeroth. I'm pretty sure it'll pass, but it is a very sound idea, it could definitely stimulate a little more RP in stormwind. It's definately a route that the guild can take, but you'd need to see how much support you'd get for that idea, i'd ask around and see if people are up for the idea. Hope you're enjoying your time here in the braves nonetheless!

- Tom (AKA Liam Samuels)
<3
Liam_Samuels
Liam_Samuels

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurrrold Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:35 am

I mostly agree with you, but I would like to keep the travelling format and use Stormwind as we currently use the garrison. Another thing I dislike about Draenor is that our characters - don't get me wrong, I'm probably the most guilty in this - have all become overly dramatic. I'd love to move back so we could all have a kind of a fresh start.
Hurrrold
Hurrrold

Back to top Go down

Post by Voranos Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:50 am

I know everyone wanna be on the front line of the war but everyone needs to start focusing on the Hub before everything dies out. I just feel like if we actually show our faces in Stormwind, maybe other people will join us.
Voranos
Voranos

Back to top Go down

Post by Voranos Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:08 am

Voranos
Voranos

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoi Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:23 am

You're free to go back to Stormwind and RP there if you like. There are no restrictions anymore from my side to stop you from doing this. But I have spent years RP'ing in Stormwind. I got pretty tired of sitting in the same bar for three years, and my fear is that if we move back there, this is what I'll be doing again.
That fresh meat of characters coming by is more than likely just the people you know already stopping by on an alt. If you want to attract genuinely new roleplayers, I think the best way to go about doing this, is to attract all those OOC'ers and Lolers. Have strong OOC ties with other guilds, have linked events, and RP in Stormshield. Do not disregard everyone that doesn't appear like a roleplayer but respond to them. Not everyone will respond. Not everyone will respond positively. But if this becomes the norm, you're far more likely to attract new people. The Pig and Whistle is only frequented by other roleplayers. And if you want random RP in Stormwind, there is no way this server will ever compete with Argent Dawn ever again.
Rinoi
Rinoi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Voranos Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:29 am

I can understand the reason why people don't wanna go back to Stormwind, I truly do, but my personal opinion 'bout it all is still that we need a RP hub to keep the RP going. It's not that I don't like the casual RP we have on Dreanor, it's just that I miss the Stormwind RP heh.
Voranos
Voranos

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinoi Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:08 pm

I don't think it is required to keep RP going. It is required to keep a certain kind of RP going. The idea of this guild, at least the direction I took it in, is about being out on adventure. Our casual RP is supposed to take place around a campfire in the world, on a wide variety of locales, not in a tavern. That's the change I made, but if people do not like that, then I'll change it back.
Rinoi
Rinoi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Summersbough Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:15 am

Moving to Stormwind would not only be detrimental to the idea of the Braves as it is at the moment, but it'd be hurtful to the small bits of diversity still left of roleplaying on this server, to be honest. What we have, at the moment, is a band of adventurers. We have the possibility to go out there and smack around with the best of the Horde in RP-PvP or just plain PvP. We can go raid treasuries and armouries for shinies. If we turn back the drama knob a touch, we might even have a laugh between those events and not have fel-crazed this or that trying to murder eachother.

Stormshield should be able to provide for us what it is you're missing. As it's been stated above, RP on Defias isn't dying, it's just... Shifted. People have petered out to their garrisons. People have moved to Draenor. Some roleplayers can't or don't want to ICly move their characters to Draenor, that's fine; when this expansion starts wearing off, when objectives on Draenor have been completed, everyone will start trickling back there.

Don't you think it does more to keep the world alive to have us actually out there where it's dangerous? Actually out there where the Alliance is currently focusing their campaign? I know I do. I know it'd pique the interest of these 'strangers' you mention more than sitting in an empty tavern in Stormwind where none of these 'fresh meat' would have any real chance of seeing us, because they're most likely all already on Draenor.

It's just my opinion of course. I think it'd be a shame to move back at this point.
Summersbough
Summersbough

Back to top Go down

Post by Adry Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:25 pm

Frankly, us being in Stormwind would make no difference to random RP. It's dead on Defias.

Besides, the best thing a guild can do is to look after itself and its members interests, not some meta that is best for the server. The Band in particular has previosly spent a lot of time in Stormwind, but the guild at that time was very different to how it is now. Draenor is where we belong, for the time being at least.
Adry
Adry

http://www.republiquedesmangues.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shapur Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:52 pm

I agree with those in favour of staying in Draenor, but completely understand why people wish to rp in Stormwind. Like Rinoi said, everyone's free to go where the rp is (I'm sure you can coat it in a reasonable IC sauce).

I feel that a lot of people (recently) joined the Band of the Braves not so much because they identify their character as an adventurer, but because the people in the guild seemed cool and active. Sure, you'd make your character an adventurer in order to tag along, right? While that is great, it'll limit some characters in the long game, causing them to long for their original place in the world. It's like joining the army while you don't feel like shooting people, but just want the nifty brothership.

The Band of the Brave was originally a very tight band of 'outcasts', adventurers, who weren't able to sit still in the big city for even a minute (in theory). That's why they grouped up! Packed their bags and got the hell out of the world where buildings are made of stone! Each with their own goals and interests, bound by a contract to look out for eachother.

As mentioned above, moving to a hub in SW might sound like a solution, but that has proven not to be the case in the past. You'd sacrifice the rather tight, personal rp you have now, for a more shattered rp experience. I remember the days of "Oh yeah, there's Charlie, he's one of the Braves I think. Hangs out with those people over there a lot.". It's less personal and more repetative.

Perhaps there's better ways to meet others? I'm personally allergic to cross-guild-campaigns. Massive hats off to people willing to go through the agony of organising those, enjoy the anti-stress pills. This post on the Defias forum posed some usefull suggestions. Simply being stationed somewhere together, for a week or two? So people out of multiple guilds log on for casual rp around the same campfire? This was the best part about the pre-Draenor campaign, I remember. I met more different people than ever while attending to the wounded of a dozen guilds. Without GM's telling us what to do 'n all. So perhaps that's doable? Hell, the goal of the event could even just be 'bonding between two organisations'. Or 'preventing inbreeding'.

Good to have a discussion about it, though! Brings out some cool in and output. Thanks for creating the thread.
Shapur
Shapur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down