Band of the Brave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unusual take on the awesome quest "Blown Away"

2 posters

Go down

An unusual take on the awesome quest "Blown Away" Empty An unusual take on the awesome quest "Blown Away"

Post by Khalas Griefblade Mon May 26, 2014 7:23 am

I found this dude's intake on Vin's quest and it just made me laugh out loud.

As I turned in the balloons and she started to rise into the air I gasped. The panic inside me was doubled as my paladin and maternal instincts screamed out, "What have I done?" I motioned to the little girl to grab my hand but she was content floating upward...upward...upward...but to where? That is what I feared.

I mounted my blue proto-drake and attempted to follow her. The wind was calm and she rose from Azeroth straight and gently. As the initial shock and worry passed, then came the selfish thoughts, "Oh boy," I thought to myself, "I am so going to get in trouble for this."

The seconds seemed to pass by like hours as I tried to negotiate with the thrilled little Vin. "Take my hand! Don't do that! Its too dangerous!" but she wouldn't be dissuaded.

"How am I going to tell her parents? Wait. She's near the orphanage. Maybe she doesn't have parents. That's good. Right? No parents. No trouble? Forsooth! Those are not the thoughts of a paladin! I should be ashamed of myself."

Then she disappeared. Vanished. Midair. Just gone. My heart skipped a beat and a tear rolled down my azure blue cheek. She was gone. I helped her go. I contributed to her most likely demise. But where did she go?

I landed my drake back down on the ground hoping Vin would still be there. Hoping what I had seen was just a sick illusion or nightmare, but alas, only her faithful and abandoned pet, Dotty, remained.

As I dismounted my drake I fell to my knees and wept. How could something so harmless, so innocent, turn into something so tear wrenching? And where did that sixth balloon she gave me come from anyway? Kneeling in a puddle of my own tears I felt a wet, squishy nose rub against my arm. It was Dotty. She must not have realized what had just happened to her owner. Clueless and innocent. Now all alone in a cruel world. The tears cascaded down my face like a waterfall.

My weeping was interrupted by a small voice. "Hey, blue person."

"Wha...what? Who is that?", I saw no one around me as I looked up.

"Down here."

I looked down to see Dotty staring at me.

"Yes, me."

"You...you can talk?"

"Why are you crying?"

"Because, your owner, your friend Vin, she's gone. I'm sorry. I was just trying to help."

"She didn't disappear."

"What? I saw with my own eyes."

"She logged out."

"What?"

"Yeah, she logged out. She just conned you into giving her flying at level 1...for 12 silver."

*crickets chirp* o.0
Khalas Griefblade
Khalas Griefblade

Back to top Go down

An unusual take on the awesome quest "Blown Away" Empty Re: An unusual take on the awesome quest "Blown Away"

Post by Paozi Mon May 26, 2014 9:21 am

Those balloons would make for a kickass flying mount, that's for sure.
Paozi
Paozi

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum