Band of the Brave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The five sides of a Farseer

5 posters

Go down

The five sides of a Farseer  Empty The five sides of a Farseer

Post by Dranac/Naya Fri May 09, 2014 10:55 pm

Dranac woud have been seen reading this note at the bar and has posted it up on the board for every one to read as wel

* the paper woud look old and yellowed*

The five sides of a Farseer

this is an explanation I wrote down for my former pupil to guide him in his travels to finish his studies to be a farseer

Water
Water is the calm and gentle side of the elemental powers and is mostly considered the force behind the healing and calming magic in the world.
Water is often considered one of or thee most powerful natural force in the world.
What I do know is that it is the most forgiving element.
Even after the Orcs on Draenror lost there shamanistic powers they were still able to heal others because the spirits of water kept with them.
The prime emotions that go with the spirits of the water are forgivingness, kindness, empathy and regret

Air
Air is the wild untameable and fast force of the elemental powers and is considers the one that is quick to decide and who to trust and thus often takes rash and unprepared actions.
Air is also the easiest elemental to hear and speak for it trusts others fast.
The wind is some thing that sailors and others alike know to have great power but many forget the thunder and the fury of and air elemental that has been betrayed and that’s why it is seen as a element of speed and static energy.
Air is also the least trust worthy of the elementals for they are quick to decide if they help you or not the one day the wind is in your back the other its blowing against you.
Air is also the most compromising of all the elementals they can adapt to many things.
Prime emotions combined with air are . distrust , haste , the will to adapt to others , betrayal but also the will to act and not stand idle on the side line

Earth
Earth is the strong and enduring force of the elemental powers it is careful to decide and slow to anger it is also more stable and if it does make up its mind its near impossible to change it .
Earth is one of the hardest to hear since it takes a long time for the earth to trust any thing that doesn’t belong there.
From time to time the earth demonstrates its power true earthquakes and mountains.
But the earth’s true power lays in its endurance.
Earth is mostly a defensive element what stand for two things its toughness and its strength.
The down side to earth is that it is unbending and unyielding in all it does.
The prime emotions coming with earth are .endurance , calm , loyalty , patience and the will never to stop for any thing.

Fire
Fire is the most dangerous elemental power its quick to anger and has the stronger emotions of them all and is driven by them alone.
Fire is the most destructive of all the elements and if not respected it will burns any one it wishes.
But for all its danger and anger fire is also a beacon of hope , warmth and love.
Fire demonstrates its power everywhere in the world but its best seen at a volcano.
Fire is mostly an offensive power mostly used to cause more harm then good.
But with out fire the world is dark , cold and with out any sign of friendship and love .
Primal emotions for fire are , hatred , love, anger, aggressive , warmth and the ability to bring others together

The last element is life this element doesn’t have certain specific emotions

Life
Life or also calls the spirit realm
This is the hardest to understand and even the best shaman can still struggle to hear this elemental power.
The ones closest to life are the shaman that have lost others close to them selves and the druid in there own way.
This element is hard to explain from a neutral point of view for I’m no druid so il try to explain it from what I know.
The element of life or the sprit realm is the domain of the dead and the shadows who try to trick others into doing there bidding and talk to us in there dreams.
Id like to think that we all visit the spirit realm in our dreams that we walk talk and think with our ancestors in those dreams.
For my self this elemental power is mostly about sadness since I have lost many friends and family over the long years of my life.
So my prime emotions with the element of life are ones of sadness sorrow and pain .

All the elements work against each other and with each other and by doing so they make land grow forests warm our houses water our crops and make us be who we are.

From Farseer Nobundo to Dranac that it may guide him in whatever path he choses
Dranac/Naya
Dranac/Naya

Back to top Go down

The five sides of a Farseer  Empty Re: The five sides of a Farseer

Post by Dranac/Naya Sat May 10, 2014 12:29 am

i made wrote this some time ago and tought it might be nice to put up here Smile
Dranac/Naya
Dranac/Naya

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygos Tue May 13, 2014 2:41 am

It's nice Smile
Tygos
Tygos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lomonde Tue May 13, 2014 11:49 am

Yes! More Shamany goodness! I like this piece very much ^^

Although I think the Spirit Realm and the Element of Life are a little disparate. I kind of figured that the Emerald Dream would be the closest equivelant to an Elemental Plane for the element of The Wilds/Life?

As far as my troll shammie would think, he finds the spirit realm a comforting place that is not all that different from the Material Plane. By drawing from it's wealth of wisdom, knowledge and power, he knows that one day he to will be there to aid those who come calling, while being together with those family and friends.

What does Dranac think?
Lomonde
Lomonde

Back to top Go down

Post by erwtenpeller Tue May 13, 2014 11:57 am

I don't like how it is supposedly written by a character in the Lore. Speaking for any character or organisation controlled by blizzard is a huge role-playing foul in my book.

The descriptions for Water, Air, Earth and Fire are very fitting, precisely what they stand for. But calling the spirit realm and a supposed element of "Life" the same thing... I don't know. It feels a bit strange to equate a realm full of dead people with Life. I always saw the spirit realm as something far less defined then the elemental planes or the emerald dream, and closer to the real world. We've all been there, quite often. Every time you die in-game you go to the spirit realm.
erwtenpeller
erwtenpeller
Admin

https://bandofthebrave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arasali Wed May 14, 2014 1:17 pm

We must all aspire to this lvl of..shammyness.But I note it does not include the use of a fire elemental as an oven?
Arasali
Arasali

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum